Alaska 06

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Heading out. . .
Well here is the last you'll here from us before we leave. After packing and cramming into backpacks, we are set to go. Here is a quick packing list:
4 pairs underwear
2 pair pants
5 shirts
1 coat
sleeping bag
thermarest
pillow

I started to freak out about how few clothes I have. I've done this before, but that was a while ago and there weren't any girls around. She'll just have to get used to the smell I guess. Surely there are laundry mats in Alaska though.

I hope I don't die of thirst before we land. I'm still awfully ticked about this no-liquids-on-a-plane stuff. Just because some dorky British guys had a dopey idea. There have been explosive liquid combinations for hundreds of years. Why is it suddenly a threat? I guess you need president who passed high school chemistry to prevent my right-to-drink from being snatched away.

Weather - yuck. The weather forecast still stinks. 50 / 60 % chance of rain every day. One person from Denali said there there is already snow at the higher elevations. I guess that's just the way it is in August in Alaska. We've got rain gear, so we'll enjoy whatever comes our way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home